Add a bit of sweetness to traditional potato pancakes with Simply Apple sauce. Learn how to make this delicious applesauce recipe and enjoy!
- 2 cups grated sweet potato
- 1 granny smith apple
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1 tbsp oat bran
- 1 tsp flax seed meal
- Pinch of sea salt
- 3 tbsp canola oil for frying
- Peel and grate sweet potato and apple. Before cooking, use a cheesecloth or strainer to extract as much of the liquid as possible.
Mix grated sweet potato, grated apple, egg, baking powder, cinnamon, flour, oat bran, flax seed meal, and salt in a large bowl.
Heat oil in a large skillet. Place a scoop of mixture in the skillet, and use the back of a spoon to flatten out the latke. Fry until golden brown, then flip and cook for another 2-3 minutes. Continue in batches.
Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate.
Serve warm with your favorite condiment.
Yields 10 latkes.
SIMPLY APPLE® SAUCE
- 1 cup Simply Apple
- 3-4 lbs apples
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 lemon
- 1 cinnamon stick
- Peel, core & quarter apples, soaking apples in water to prevent browning.
- After all apples are prepared, drain & place in large pot with Simply Apple, sugar, juice from 1 lemon and cinnamon stick. Stir & bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, lower the heat, cover and simmer for 30 minutes, or until apples are tender.
- Mash with a potato masher until sauce reaches desired consistency.
- Serve with Apple & Sweet Potato Latkes.
Yields 6–8 Cups Simply Apple Sauce.