Indulge yourself with homemade stuffed French toast and wake up to the aroma of cinnamon and fruit. Breakfast will never be the same.
- 1/4 cup Simply Mixed Berry Juice Drink
- 1 1/3 cups crushed berries (strawberries, blueberries, raspberries)
- 3 tsp pectin
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 loaf bread
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup milk
Mixed Berry Jam:
- Combine Simply Mixed Berry Juice Drink and crushed berries in a saucepan, then gradually stir in pectin. Bring mixture to a boil over high heat.
- Add sugar, stirring to dissolve. Return mixture to a rolling boil for 1 minute, stirring frequently. Remove from heat and skim foam if necessary.
- Cut bread into thick slices.
- Slice halfway down the center of each slice.
- Create a pocket with the tip of your knife in the center of the slice without completely cutting through.
- Beat together 1 egg, 1 tsp vanilla, 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon and 1/4 cup milk in a shallow dish, then dip slices in mixture.
- Cook bread slices in a lightly greased skillet on medium heat until browned.
- Let cool a bit, then stuff Mixed Berry jam in sliced bread pocket.