Discover this amazing easy to make Simply Apple Rose Tart Recipe and bring the rich aroma and taste of autumn right into your home.
- 2 20oz packages of puff pastry dough
- Flour (to roll dough)
- 3 cups Simply Apple
- 3 tbsp granulated sugar
- 6 red apples
- ½ cup melted butter
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 pinch of salt
- ¾ cup light brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Thaw puff pastry dough at room temperature for 20-30 minutes.
- Cut apples into paper thin slices. Simmer over low heat in a medium pot of Simply Apple for 3-5 minutes to soften. Pour mixture into a bowl and set aside, leaving 1 cup of Simply Apple in pot.
- To make glaze reduction, add 3 tbsp of sugar to the pot, and reduce to half over medium flame. Let cool completely.
- Lightly flour your counter. Using a rolling pin, stretch puff pastry dough, keeping it in a rectangular shape. Cut into 6 strips, each about 2 in x 9 in.
- Mix brown sugar, melted butter, cinnamon, and salt in a bowl. Spread mixture over dough strips.
- Drain apple slices and arrange in a straight line on top of dough strips. Fold the bottom of the dough over the bottom of the apples.
- Carefully roll dough, seal the edges, and place in a muffin pan (grease if needed).
- Bake for 40-45 minutes, until fully cooked. If tops of the apples look fully cooked after 30 minutes, move the pan to a lower rack for the remainder of cook time.
- Using a pastry brush, glaze cooked tarts with the Simply Apple reduction. Dust with a dash of powdered sugar.