Use your favorite variety of Simply Orange to add a sweet glaze to thick cut bacon. Enjoy this treat as a tasty garnish on cocktails like Bloody Marys — or as a surprise brunch side dish.
- ½ pound of bacon
- ¾ cup of Simply Orange
- ¼ cup of honey
- ⅛ tsp of black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix Simply Orange and honey in a small saucepan, bring to a boil and reduce to ⅓ of a cup.
- Brush glaze on bacon, place bacon in a baking pan, and then put in oven for five minutes.
- Continue to apply glaze and bake until golden brown.
- Reapply glaze for a final sweet touch and add a dash of black pepper.
- Add your Simply Orange Glazed Bacon Garnish to your favorite Bloody Mary mix and enjoy!
Want to mix it up? This recipe can also be made with
Simply Light Orange Pulp Free.