A hint of pure-pressed Simply Apple in your homemade apple butter? What could taste better? Spruce up your toast and treat yourself to a fall delight.
- 4 lbs apples, peeled, seeded and sliced
- 1/3 cup Simply Apple
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Ground cinnamon, nutmeg & ginger to taste
- Combine ingredients in a large pot.
- Cover and bring to a boil on medium-high heat.
- Lower the heat and remove the lid. Cook for 20-25 minutes until the apples are soft and the liquid has reduced to half.
- Remove from heat and puree until consistency is thick & smooth.
- Refrigerate in a sealed jar for up to 2 weeks. Enjoy!