These individual custards infused with your favorite variety of Simply Orange make for an elegant dessert.
- 4 egg yolks (separate the whites and discard)
- 1 whole egg
- 1 ¼ cups heavy cream
- ¼ cup of Simply Orange
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 orange
- 1/3 cup of sugar
- Heat oven to 325 degrees. Bring a pot of water to a vigorous simmer over medium-high heat.
- Using a whisk in a medium bowl, thoroughly mix 4 egg yolks, a whole egg, Simply Orange, sugar, lemon juice, and cream. Continue to beat until the sugar dissolves.
- Place 4 ramekins in an 8x8 baking dish. Distribute the mixture evenly between the ramekins. Pour enough boiling water in the pan to come halfway up the sides of the dishes and cover the baking dish with aluminum foil.
- Cook for about forty minutes; the custard should be just set around the edges.
- Remove the ramekins from the pan and allow them to cool.
- Chill the custards in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours or as long as 24 hours.
- Once ready to eat, make mini orange slices for a simple garnish to enjoy.